Sunday, May 20, 2018

VISIT SAN DIEGO AND PINNERS CONFERENCE






I was able to take two of my kids with me to San Diego while I attended the Pinners Conference at the Del Mar fairgrounds. We had a wonderful time, enjoyed the amazing weather, walked around the Bay and Little Italy. We always enjoy our stays with Hampton Inn, and we especially loved it at the Hampton Inn Downtown San Diego.
The hotel shuttle driver, James, recommended that we go see the many stores and places to eat at the Gaslamp Quarter, and we had a really great time.
We learned about the Free Ride service which is available for anyone for free, to help cut back on so many cars on the roads. We downloaded the app and it works just like Uber and Lyft. We used Lyft to take us to the Pinners Conference, which was about 30 minutes away from our hotel, and we had a fantastic driver, Joshua, who took us to the San Diego LDS temple which was about 9 miles away from our hotel.
The San Diego temple has been on my bucket list for a long time. Ever since I saw my first photo of the temple I have wanted to go and visit it in person. I loved my time there! It was so magnificent and beautiful. I was overwhelmed with emotion as I sat and closed my eyes and just felt the breeze blowing and watched my kids as they sat peacefully waiting for me to take it all in. It was a beautiful place to do a photo shoot with my beautiful daughter (I will be posting some of those pictures on our other youtube channel: simplemom photography
We also used Lyft to take us to Sea World where we thought that arriving around 10:30 in the morning would give us plenty of time to see and do what we wanted to do, but by closing time we realized that we missed a lot and we hope to be able to return again someday and enjoy the amazing animals from the water kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment